FORS is the standardisation certification for transport and logistics companies in the UK. It stands for Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme, an accreditation that proves the service quality in transport companies. There are different levels of FORS accreditation, including silver, bronze, and gold being the highest one. Most businesses that look for logistic partners verify if the company has this certification.
Things You Should Know About FORS Accreditations
FORS Gold transport is a national level accreditation program highlighting the efficiency and excellence of a company. A business doesn’t need to get this certification, but most companies add it as a unique business selling point. They also do so because the partnering companies sometimes ask for it and consider it a deciding factor to sign a deal.
Every business should fulfil all the scheme requirements to get this quality certification. If there is a flaw in any one of these factors, the accreditation will not get awarded. Let us discuss the factors that FORS takes into account.
Factors Accounted For FORS Accreditation
- The fuel efficiency and emissions from the vehicles is the primary consideration. Experts ensure that the environment is not getting hit hard as your transport vehicles hit the road.
- The policies and procedures that the company follows in operations also get thoroughly checked. It should comply with the highest quality standard benchmarks.
- Training and qualifications of the drivers and other staff are also an accounted factor. The scheme ensures that the company follows a stringent hiring policy and only appoint skilled drivers for their logistics unit.
Professional teams do uniquely curated audits to check all these factors. They do risk assessments and review the policies carefully to award points to the company. Depending on this score, FORS decides if you deserve a silver, bronze, or gold accreditation. Getting the FORS Gold transport certification indicates that your service quality and operations are the best!
Perks Of Getting FORS Accreditation
Some of the benefits that FORS gold offers are as follows:
- It improves the marketing credibility of your business, giving a direct indication of your services being top-notch.
- You can expect to get more business from the brands that keep this accreditation as a deciding factor before hiring companies as their logistic partner. It reassures them that they are working with a safe and professional company that will not affect their experience.
- This certification keeps up the competitive spirit and motivates the business to outdo their safety and quality standards. As a result, your business will keep scaling as you maintain the gold standards, and you will stay away from unnecessary incidents like a flawed delivery.
There are countless benefits of FORS gold for a transportation company. So, if you are into the same business, maintain the utmost quality and thrive to reach the gold level.